ROLEX AND BEDETTI 1882: A LONG AND GLORIOUS HISTORY
Bedetti’s history begins with the activity of the founder Antonio, who, already in 1882, devoted himself to the distribution of high-quality Swiss watches, traveling all over Italy. At the beginning of the 1900s he and his business partner Cavalier Carlo Bandiera opened a retail store in via del Teatro Marcello in Rome. Started in the 1930s, Bedetti was the first company in Rome to start a prestigious and long-lasting collaboration with Rolex based in Geneva, which continues today with the next generations of the Bedetti family. This partnership has continued for almost 90 years and through four generations, always with the same attention to quality and service.
AUTHORIZED ROLEX DEALERS SINCE 1936
In 1936, the relationship between Rolex and the Bedetti family, represented by Antonio Bedetti, began. The Bedetti family was the first authorized Rolex dealer in Rome, first located in Via del Teatro Marcello. Antonio and his business partner of that time, Cavalier Bandiera, immediately embrace with enthusiasm the great innovation represented by the prestigious Rolex automatic timepieces and propose them to their loyal Roman and international customers.
BEDETTI IN PIAZZA SAN SILVESTRO IN THE CENTER OF ROME SINCE 1955
It is in 1955 that Marcello Bedetti, Antonio’s son, decides to set up his own business and open a new and more important store in Piazza San Silvestro in the heart of the City of Rome, a few steps from the Parliament and the Trevi Fountain. The relationship with Rolex is strengthened in the historical center of Rome in a charming location that has hosted films such as Alessandro Gassman’s “Il Mattatore” and famous customers such as Audrey Hepburn.
BEDETTI AND ROLEX IN PIAZZA SAN SILVESTRO
Over the years, Bedetti in the historic center of Rome has become a true milestone for Italian and international customers thanks to the passion for luxury, dedication to perfect customer service for those clients who purchase and service Rolex watches. In 2006, the Bedetti store inaugurates the first Rolex corner in Italy, a space designed by Swiss architects and entirely reserved to the Maison, becoming a destination for lovers and experts of Haute Horlogerie.
THE RESTYLING
In 2020, the fourth generation of the Bedetti family, represented by Stefano and Marcello, completely renovated the building. After several years of design and planning by architect Gianni Ascarelli, the areas have been remodeled preserving the uniqueness of the original structure, as designed in 1968, according to a modern and future-forward vision. For the occasion, a new dedicated Rolex space has been created and the facilities hosting the watchmaking laboratory have also been completely renovated according to the highest standards in accordance to the Geneva-based Maison.
Keep exploring
ROLEX AT BEDETTI
ROLEX COLLECTION
NEW WATCHES 2021
TEAM
SHOWROOM
CONTACT US